I have a very exciting piece of news to share with you all today. To some of you, it might seem anticlimactic after months of meetings, phone calls, emails, etc., but it’s a huge milestone for us and one that I am incredibly proud to announce. We will begin construction on our Water Accelerator Center in July!
We could not have done this on our own though. We have depended on all of you who have supported us in this project. I cannot overemphasize the fact that the Center is becoming a reality because of the numerous partners who believed in a big dream to create something truly unique in the world. Saying “thank you” does not come close to expressing the gratitude we feel for our supporters in the community. During the ramp up and planning, we have relied on:
- The building investors who were true visionaries and embraced a bold idea with open arms.
- The tireless efforts of the HKS Holdings Team who kept charging ahead and knocking down barriers.
- The early support of the Herzfeld Foundation who stepped up to the plate when we really needed their support.
- The Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation who broke from conventional thinking to support start-up water technology businesses.
- The City of Milwaukee which did not hesitate when we asked them to create a Tax Incremental District that would be a global showplace for water management.
- The tenants in the building who signed the leases and told us confidently, “We are in.”
- The Water Council Board of Directors who supported the concept and asked tough, important questions and ultimately gave a thumbs up to move forward.
- And countless other supporters in the community at all levels.
Thank you for your support, and thank you for sharing in our vision.
Dean Amhaus, Executive Director
Milwaukee Water Council