The Wisconsin Water Delegation to WEFTEC 2014 in New Orleans will be in full action during our inaugural trip to the world’s largest water technology convention! With roughly 50 organizations comprised of established companies, academia and start-ups with headquarters or substantial operations in Wisconsin exhibiting at this year’s show, Wisconsin’s water cluster will be nicely represented.
Additionally, The Water Council and our partner Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation have arranged multiple official WEFTEC events to showcase our water technology cluster even further, the following events should not be missed.
The BREW, which stands for Business. Research. Entrepreneurship. In Wisconsin., is the only mentor-driven seed accelerator program solely focused on solving freshwater issues with innovative startups producing cutting-edge technology and solutions. This session will feature current winners, known as Batch II, as The BREW enters it’s second year at the Global Water Center, located in Milwaukee. Join Elizabeth Thelen, The Water Council, as she introduces our newest Batch of entrepreneurs to a global audience, and learn of the innovative technologies and startup companies BREWing in Milwaukee! Featured companies include:
- Cadens, LLC: A Wisconsin based company that assists in the design, manufacture, installation, and operation of economical small and micro-scale hydropower systems.
- Pellucid Water: From UW-Madison, this company focuses on decontamination of water through a unique application that can remove dissolved chemicals from water and other solutions.
- Hydro-Lite: This company owns a patented water sterilization device that uses ultraviolet light to eliminate bacteria, viruses and protozoa from freshwater sources.
- pHinding Solutions: This biotechnology water company can wirelessly measure and transfer the ionic levels of water through a patent pending technology, improving productivity while reducing associated costs.
- WatrHub: Hailing from Toronto, this data and analytics company delivers actionable intelligence for municipal, industrial and agricultural water sectors to enable faster, more confident decision making.
- Wellntel: This startup gives real-time understanding of well and surrounding water table dynamics through constant measuring and reporting of water levels on a private website or app.
- Ijinus: This honorable mention is a French company that offers autonomous ultrasonic level sensors.
Speakers will discuss how innovation clusters are moving the stormwater sector forward. Steve Picou, NOLA Vibe Consulting, will discuss formation of the New Orleans Water Innovation Cluster. The cluster seeks to unite Louisiana institutions and organizations in further developing the state’s research, education, engineering and related restoration assets into a globally competitive set of industries with exportable expertise and products that help the state capitalize on its water challenges.
Elizabeth Thelen, The Water Council, and Mike Jozwik, Hanging Gardens, will discuss how water innovation clusters are helping companies innovate and commercialize stormwater technology, while stimulating economic development and job creation. They will share the story of The Water Council’s Business. Research. Entrepreneurship. in Wisconsin (BREW) business accelerator and illustrate how this collaborative approach has benefited startup green roof and stormwater management companies Vegetal i.D. and Hanging Gardens.
Additional opportunities for all of Wisconsin water companies to gain visibility, make connections, and explore new ideas through our network include:
- Wisconsin Water Innovation Pavilion
- Wisconsin 2014 WEFTEC Look Book
- Interviews with Water Online Radio
- Reserved space for private meetings
- More details on how to Tap into The Water Council’s Network at WEFTEC
Also, be sure to download the official WEFTEC 2014 app in order to make the most out of your visit to NOLA, it’s full of useful tools to help you navigate the convention floor, add events and sessions to a personal agenda, and meet and network with other attendees through an innovative social feature, and much more! The below video describes some of the features useful to you.